God's Simple Plan of Salvation
Everyone NEEDS to be saved because all have sinned.
- Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." ... Rom. 3:10 "There is none righteous, no not one."
We all deserve Hell because of our sin. God is Holy and cannot allow sin into Heaven. The payment for sin is an eternal Hell.
- Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death." ... Revelation 20:14,15 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
We cannot save ourselves by our church membership, baptism, or good works. Jesus Christ is the only one who can save you from the payment required for your sin.
- Ephesians 2:8,9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast."
- Titus 3:5 "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us."
Jesus Christ died and rose again to save you from an eternal Hell. He paid the penalty for your sin.
- Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
- I Cor 5:21 "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."
Salvation is a free gift which is received by faith when you repent of your sin and trust Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour.
- Luke 13:5 "...but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."2:3 "How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation;"
What We Believe
The Holy Bible is the inspired and preserved word of God
When we say Holy Bible we are referring to the Authorized 1611 King James Bible. It is our final authority in all matters of faith and practice above the opinions of any man, tradition, or any other source.
- Psalm 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
- 2 Peter 1:21; Psalm 119:89; Psalm 119:103; Psalm 119:130; Psalm 119:140; Psalm 30:5-6
Jesus Christ is fully God.
He is the second person of the trinity, and not a lesser deity. That without any essential change in His divine person, He became man by the miracle of the virgin birth
- John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. ... John 1:14-16; Colossians 1:17-19; Timothy 3:16;
The Holy Trinity.
There are three persons in the Godhead, but they are only one God.
- 1 John 5:7-9 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. ... Matthew 3:16-17; Matthew 28:19
We are made in the image and likeness of God.
- Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
We (in His image and likeness) are a "trinity" also in that we have a body, soul, and a spirit.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Salvation is a free gift from God.
It comes by grace through faith in the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ on Calvary when we repent of our sin and place our personal trust (100%) in the finished work (death, burial, and resurrection) of Jesus Christ.
- 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. ... Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 1:7 ; Colossians 1:14; 1 Peter 1:18-19; Acts 20:28; Romans 5:8-9
Eternal Security of the believer.
Once a person is truly saved they are eternally secure in Jesus Christ.
- 1 Peter 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. ... Ephesians 1:13; Ephesians 4:30
Heaven and Hell.
We believe in an eternal Heaven for the saved, and an eternal Hell for the lost.
- Revelation 20:11-15 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. ... Revelation 21:8; Mark 9:43-48 ; Luke 16:19-30; Matthew 25:41; Isaiah 5:14 ; John 14:1-4 ; 2 Cor. 5:1-8
Satan is real.
- John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. ... Matthew 4:1-11; 1 Peter 5:8 ; 2 Cor. 4:4 ; Revelation 20:1-10